Zero Waste Events will from time to time offer training events to help educate and prepare individuals on the details of running a zero waste event. Upcoming events will be listed here but if you’d like to be emailed when events are scheduled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.
FREE online information sessions about the 1 July 2023 plastic ban
Friday 07 April 1pm-2pm, 05 May 1pm-2pm , & 02 June 1pm-2pm
As you may already know, from 1 JULY 2023, the following items will be banned or phased out in New Zealand:
- Single-use plastic drinking straws, including “bioplastic”/ plant based plastic/PLA straws (with some exceptions)
- Single-use plastic cutlery, including “bioplastic”/plant based plastic /PLA cutlery
- Single-use plastic plates, trays & platters
- Single-use plastic bowls without lids
- Single-use plastic produce bags, including “bioplastic”/plant based plastic/PLA bags
- Single-use plastic produce labels
The National Retail Association (NRA) is hosting online ‘pop-in’ sessions, designed for retailers, hospitality, suppliers or community organisations directly impacted by the NZ ban, where you can ‘pop in’, ask questions and clarify your obligations.
The same content will be shown at each session, so you only need to attend one. Session dates and times follow:
- Friday 07 April 1pm-2pm (NZDT)
- Friday 05 May 1pm-2pm (NZDT)
- Friday 02 June 1pm-2pm (NZDT)