Zero Waste Events Grant
Keen to make your event zero waste? The Zero Waste Events Grant is here to help you to get the right infrastructure in place at your event to make sure all waste is separated, processed correctly and minimum waste is sent to landfill.
Thanks to Auckland Council and EcoMatters, we have funds available to help you with making your event a zero waste event. You can apply for up to $200 for any community event taking place in Auckland, using the funding for expenses like:
- Renting zero waste equipment, like cutlery and crockery or bins to separate out event waste
- Paying for recycling and food waste collections (landfill waste costs are not eligible)
- Purchasing compostable packaging
- Buying vouchers for volunteers
To apply for the Zero Waste Events Grant, fill in the online application form below. Applications are open until 30 June 2021 and will be processed on a weekly basis, so you’ll hear back within seven business days if your funding is approved.
When completing the application form below, please give us as much information as you can about your event and the specific costs you’re likely to encounter. We want to make sure your event is adequately funded if your application is successful.
Once your event is finished, all you need to do is complete an accountability report and send this to us, together with your receipts and some photos of your project. We will reimburse the agreed amount of funding once we have received and approved your receipts.
- Events need to take place in Auckland
- Events need to have a minimum of 100 people
- Estimate – Small events ( 100 – 500 people)
- Estimate – Medium events ( 500 – 3,000 people)
- Estimate – Large events (3,000 – 15,000 people)
- Costs like wages/contractors won’t be reimbursed, however volunteer vouchers are covered (for example, if you are using volunteers to monitor bins)
- Event must be supported by a Zero Waste Event Advisor
- You must have completed a Waste Management Plan for your event.
- Event organisers can only apply for funding once per financial year (July 2020 – June 2021)
If you have any questions about our funding, please get in touch with Myrthe at email@example.com